Orbital Surgery and Repairs
The orbit of your eye (the eye socket) is the bony cavity that contains the eyeball, blood vessels, cushioning fat, eye muscles and nerves. If the eye socket becomes injured or damaged due to disease or infections, you will most likely experience pain, impaired vision and possibly a sunken eye appearance.
Causes of Eye Socket Problems
- Thyroid eye disease
- Tumors of the orbit or eye
- Eye socket fractures
- Inflammatory and infectious conditions
Dr. Daniel Sines is an oculoplastic surgeon who can diagnose and treat eye socket problems. Treatment may include:
- Removal of blind/painful eyes
- Removal and biopsy of tumors
- Reconstruction of excision site
To learn more about eye socket surgery, please contact us today to schedule an eye exam.