Eyelid malposition is the general term that describes any type of eyelid problem that can affect your vision and the surface of your eyes. At BoozmanHof, we offer treatment for:
- Turned in eyelid (entropion): to reduce the occurrence of the eyelashes rubbing the cornea and causing infection or scarring.
- Turned out eyelid (ectropion): to protect the eyes from overexposure and reduce eye irritation and dryness.
- Eyelid retraction: to allow the eyelids to close properly. A weight implanted inside the eyelid may help the eyelid close.
- Droopy eyelids (ptosis): to improve the appearance of the eyes and improve vision in patients where eyelid skin is interrupting the visual field.
Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
Dr. Daniel Sines performs eyelid surgery to remove excess or loose eyelid skin and reduce prominent fat pads. Also called blepharoplasty, this is one of the most common plastic surgery procedures performed to create a more alert and youthful appearance and help improve visual field.
Conditions Treated with Eyelid Surgery
- Drooping upper eyelids
- Puffy/saggy eyelids
- Excess skin of the upper and lower eyelids
- Bags under the eyes
Brow Lift Surgery
To achieve the desired facial rejuvenation and vision improvement, it is sometimes necessary to have a brow lift in conjunction with eyelid surgery. Brow ptosis (eyebrow descent) typically occurs slowly over time due to genetics, gravity and squinting. Heavy brows can add to a tired appearance and impair vision.
Dr. Sines performs brow lift surgery to return the brows to a natural position and create a more alert and happy appearance to the eyes.
If your vision is impaired due to eyelid problems or sagging brows, contact us today to schedule a Consultation with Dr. Sines.