A LASEK consultation at BoozmanHof includes several steps to determine if you are a suitable candidate for LASEK surgery. This appointment will last approximately 2-3 hours, during which time you will have your vision, eyes and overall health thoroughly evaluated.
During the visit in Rogers, our doctors is creating a thorough assessment and highly detailed measurements of your entire eye and its capabilities. This information determines 3 very important things:
- The overall health of your eyes.
- If LASEK is recommended (or not recommended) for your eyes, your vision and your lifestyle.
- If LASEK is recommended, and you decide to move forward, the data from your consult will drive the vision correction treatment.
The goal is to collect as much information as possible for both your surgeon and you to help make the best choice for your vision.
This information is collected through a series of sophisticated diagnostic tools and tests that evaluate and measure every aspect of your eye. The good news is that, except for getting a few eye drops and a bit of gentle pressure on the surface of the eye, these tests are noninvasive and pain-free. Most of the tests are simply taking pictures with high powered imaging devices.
Preparing for Your LASEK Consultation
You will need to arrange for someone else to drive you home from your appointment because your eyes will be dilated and you will not be able to drive following the consultation. Dilation affects each patient differently, lasting from just a few hours up to 24 hours.
What to bring to your LASEK consultation and exam:
- All Prescription glasses
- DON’T wear your soft contacts for 4 days prior to the exam
- DON’T wear your Toric soft contact lenses for 2 weeks prior to your exam
- DON’T wear hard or gas-permeable lenses for 4 weeks prior to the exam
- List of all medications
- List of medical and general allergies
- Records from your previous eye doctors (Old prescriptions)
- Insurance information
Go to the appointment prepared with questions about the LASEK procedure and expect to discuss the following with our doctors:
- Your full health history. There are medical conditions, such as diabetes, that may make LASEK and other laser vision correction options not an appropriate choice. Also, certain medications, such as corticosteroids, can affect the healing process.
- The outcome you can expect given your specific vision and circumstances. Our doctors will answer all your questions and help you understand the risks and benefits of LASEK.
If you are ready to schedule your LASEK consultation and exam in Rogers, contact BoozmanHof at 479-246-1700 or website today!