Choosing to undergo LASEK surgery is an important, potentially life-changing decision. Prior to your LASEK surgery, you will get the chance to ask your surgeon all the questions you want to ask. To help you make an informed decision, Our Doctors at BoozmanHof in Rogers recommends the following list of questions to ask during your consultation.
Get to Know Your LASEK Surgeon
- What is your professional training?
- How many years of experience do you have?
- How many LASEK procedures have you performed?
- Do you perform any other types of vision treatment?
- How many of your patients achieve vision results of 20/20 or better?
- How do you handle complications?
- Do you have testimonials from previous patients I can read?
Familiarize Yourself with the Procedure
- Am I a candidate for LASEK?
- If I’m not eligible for LASEK, do you offer other laser vision correction surgeries?
- How should I prepare for the procedure?
- Do you use the latest LASEK technology?
- Do you perform bladeless LASEK surgery?
- What kind of laser will you be using to perform my procedure?
- How long does the procedure take?
- Is LASEK painful?
- What results can I reasonably expect?
- Is LASEK permanent?
- Will I need laser vision correction again?
- What are possible side effects and complications associated with LASEK?
- What financing options do you offer?
Learn What to Expect During the Recovery
- Will I be able to drive myself home after surgery?
- Will I be given pain medication for discomfort?
- How long is the recovery?
- Should I take time off from work? If so, how much?
- When can I exercise?
- When will I see my final vision results?
- What type of long-term follow-up care do you offer?
- How can I maintain clear vision after LASEK?
Our Doctors at BoozmanHof has years of experience performing LASEK and other laser vision correction surgeries in Rogers. To find out if you’re a candidate, schedule a FREE consultation with us. Contact us at 479-246-1700 or website today.